Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Multi-Symptom Relief Liquid temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
• Dry cough due to cold
• Minor aches & pains
• Sore Throat Pain
• Sniffling & sneezing
Medicinal Ingredients (in each 30 mL dose cup):
Acetaminophen 650 mg (Pain reliever/fever reducer)
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 30 mg (Cough suppressant)
Doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg (Antihistamine)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: acesulfame potassium, alcohol, citric acid, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavour, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium citrate
CAUTION: Do not exceed recommended dosage. Do not use with other products containing acetaminophen or cold and flu medications. Do not take if allergic to acetaminophen or any other ingredients in the product. If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Taking more than the maximum daily dose may cause severe or even fatal liver damage.
Do not take this product unless directed by a doctor if you have:
• Chronic alcoholism
• Serious liver or kidney disease
• Excessive phlegm (mucus)
• Persistent or chronic cough
• Difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
• Chronic lung disease or shortness of breath
• Recently taken (within 2 weeks) or are currently using a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if:
• You are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
• You are pregnant or breastfeeding
• You use any other medications including natural health products, prescription drugs, salicylates, or other pain and fever relief medication (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs))
Consult a doctor if:
• Symptoms last for more than 5 days or fever lasts more than 3 days or are accompanied by high fever (>38°C) or the production of thick yellow/green phlegm
• You develop allergic reactions such as wheezing, rash, or itching
Do not take for more than 5 days, unless directed by a doctor.
May cause marked drowsiness; alcohol may increase the drowsiness effect. Avoid alcoholic beverages. Do not drive a motor vehicle or engage in any activities requiring alertness while taking this product.
If elderly, consult a doctor before using this product.
Overdose: Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems. You may experience increased sweating, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, and loss of appetite. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Centre right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED BY A PHYSICIAN.
KEEP THIS AND ALL DRUGS OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
THIS PACKAGE CONTAINS ENOUGH MEDICINE TO SERIOUSLY HARM A CHILD.
Tamper Evident: Do not use if neck shrinkband is broken or missing
ADULT USE ONLY
Adults (12 yrs and over): 30 mL at bedtime. If your cold keeps you confined to bed or at home, take every 6 hours; maximum 4 doses in 24 hours.
Children under 12: do not use.
When taking other DayQuil® or NyQuil products, carefully read each label to ensure correct dosing.