Salonpas 12 Hour Pain Relief Patch is the first and only OTC topical pain patch for the temporary relief of mild to moderate muscles and joints aches and pains associated with arthritis, sprains, strains, bruises and simple backache. Salonpas 12 Hour Pain Relief Patch provides effective pain relief for up to 12 hours. Salonpas 12 Hour Pain Relief Patch contains two powerful pain fighting ingredients: menthol and methyl salicylate.
Menthol 3% (Topical analgesic)
Methyl salicylate 10% (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) (Topical analgesic)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Alicyclic saturated hydrocarbon resin, backing cloth, film, mineral oil, polyisobutylene, polyisobutylene 1,200,000, styrene-isoprene-styrene block copolymer, synthetic aluminum silicate.
For external use only
Allergy alert: If prone to allergic reaction from aspirin or salicylates, consult a doctor before use.
Do not use:
• On wounds or damaged skin;
• With a heating pad;
• If you are allergic to any ingredients of this product;
• When using this product.
Do not use otherwise than as directed:
• Avoid contact with the eyes, mucous membranes or rashes;
• Do not bandage tightly.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
• Rash, itching or excessive skin irritation develops;
• Conditions worsen;
• Symptoms persist for more than 7 days;
• Symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days.
If pregnant or breast-feeding:
• Ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
• If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Adults 18 years and older: Clean and dry affected area. Remove patch from backing film and apply to skin. Apply one patch to the affected area and leave in place for up to 8 to 12 hours. If pain lasts after using the first patch, a second patch may be applied for up to another 8 to 12 hours. Only use one patch at a time. Do not use more than 2 patches per day. Do not use for more than 3 days in a row.
Children under 18 years of age: Do Not Use.