Pediatric Electrolyte Powder provides a balanced solution to restore essential fluids, electrolytes & minerals lost through diarrhea, vomiting and heavy sweating. Pediatric Electrolyte Powder has the balanced electrolytes, carbohydrates and water kids need to stay hydrated – without all the sugar found in juices, sports drinks and sodas.
Glucose, Sodium Acid Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride.
Apple Flavour, Sodium Saccharin. No artificial colouring.
For oral administration only. Pediatric Electrolyte should never be ingested in its powder form.
Contact a Health Care Professional:
• Prior to use in children under 2 years old;
• If diarrhea persists beyond 24 hours and if diarrhea is accompanied by a persistent fever;
• Prior to use if symptoms of dehydration, vomiting or diarrhea are severe;
• Prior to or during treatment if the following symptoms occur: puffy eyelids, dizziness, fast heart beat, irritability, muscle twitching, restlessness, swelling of feet or lower legs, weakness, changes to blood pressure, bloody or mucus-like stools or seizure;
• Prior to use in frail patients of advanced age;
• Prior to use in patients with chronic illness (e.g. diabetes mellitus) at risk from secondary complications.
Do not use if you have kidney problems, severe dehydration with symptoms of shock, diabetes mellitus in which blood sugar is difficult to regulate, the inability to drink, or a gastro-intestinal condition (e.g. intestinal obstruction, paralysis of the intestine or perforated bowel). If mild vomiting occurs at the beginning of oral therapy, stop the therapy for 10 minutes and then continue to slowly administer the solution in small amounts.
Each carton of 8 sachets provides 8 x 200 mL servings. Pediatric Electrolyte should be given in small, frequent and slowly administered amounts, until thirst is satisfied.
Children under 2 years old: Consult a physician before use.
Children 2 to 13 years old: 50–100 mL per kg (2.2 lbs) of body weight per 24 hours.
Above 13 years: 100–200 mL per kg (2.2 lbs) of body weight per 24 hours. For example, adults can typically drink 2 to 3.5 L depending on thirst.
Simply dissolve the contents of 1 sachet in 200 mL of clean, preferably cool or cold drinking water, stir well and drink immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 72 hours (3 days). Dispose of any unused portion. Do not boil the solution.