Sensitive Eyes Saline Plus Solution is an advanced, gentle, pH-balanced formula which contains potassium, an ingredient found in your own tears! Sensitive Eyes Saline Plus Solution can be used for rinsing and storing all contact lenses and as a rinsing agent with chemical and hydrogen peroxide disinfecting systems.
Sensitive Eyes Plus Saline Solution is a sterile, isotonic, buffered
solution that contains boric acid, sodium borate, potassium chloride, sodium
chloride, preserved with polyaminopropyl biguanide (0.00003%) and edetate
Rinsing After Cleaning:
• Clean your lenses with a daily cleaner such as Bausch & Lomb® Sensitive
Eyes Daily Cleaner or with ReNu® Multi-Purpose Solution as instructed by
your eye care practitioner.
• After cleaning, rinse lenses thoroughly with Sensitive Eyes Plus Saline Solution
by holding the lens between the forefinger and thumb or placing it in the palm of
the hand. Direct a steady stream of saline onto the lens for 10 seconds.
Heat (thermal) Lens Disinfection:
• Fill the chambers of your lens carrying case 2/3 full with fresh Sensitive Eyes
Plus Saline Solution.
• Place the cleaned lens into the correct chamber.
• Tightly close the cap of the chamber.
• Place the lens carrying case into the disinfecting unit and follow the operating
instructions for the unit.
• After disinfection, you may store your lenses in the unopened case until ready
to put on your eyes.
Emergency (Alternate) Method For Heat (thermal) Disinfection:
If your heat disinfection unit is not available, place the tightly closed lens carrying
case which contains the lenses into a pan of already boiling water. Leave the
closed lens case in the pan of boiling water for at least ten minutes. (Above an
altitude of 7,000 feet, boil for at least 15 minutes.) Be careful not to allow the
water to boil away. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool for 30
minutes to complete the disinfection of the lenses.
NOTE: Use of heat disinfection unit should be resumed as soon as possible.
Chemical Disinfection (Including hydrogen peroxide systems):
• Clean, rinse and disinfect your lenses as directed by your eye care practitioner.
• Before inserting your lenses, rinse them thoroughly with Sensitive Eyes Plus
• Lenses that are chemically disinfected may absorb ingredients from the
disinfecting solution which may cause irritation to the eye. A 20 second rinse
may reduce the potential for irritation.
Enzyme (Weekly) Cleaning:
• Clean and rinse lenses as directed by your eye care practitioner.
• Sensitive Eyes Plus Saline Solution may be used to dilute enzymatic cleaning
tablets such as Sensitive Eyes Enzymatic Cleaner, Bausch & Lomb ReNu
Thermal or Effervescent Enzymatic Contact Lens Cleaner