Don’t let back, muscle or aches and pains keep you tossing and turning all night. ALEVE Nighttime is the first and only over-the-counter Nighttime product with a sleep aid plus the 12-hour pain relieving strength of ALEVE.
Two ALEVE Nighttime caplets help you fall asleep for a good night’s rest, for a better morning. For occasional sleeplessness associated with aches and pains.
Naproxen sodium 220mg, diphenhydramine hydrochloride 25mg
carnauba wax, FD&C Blue # 2 Aluminum Lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, purified water, talc and titanium dioxide
ALEVE Nighttime is contraindicated in patients:
• who have previously exhibited allergy or with known hypersensitivity to the active substances naproxen (including naproxen sodium) or diphenhydramine hydrochloride or any
of the excipients in the tablet. For a complete listing, see the Dosage Forms, Composition and Packaging section of the product monograph.
• with a history of asthma, urticaria, or allergic-type reactions after taking acetylsalicylic acid
(ASA) or other NSAIDs (i.e. complete or partial syndrome of ASA-intolerance - rhinosinusitis, urticaria/angioedema, nasal polyps, asthma). Fatal anaphylactoid reactions have occurred in such individuals. Individuals with the above medical problems are at risk of a severe reaction even if they have taken NSAIDs in the past without any adverse reaction.
• with active peptic ulcers, a history of recurrent ulceration, or active gastrointestinal bleeding
• with inflammatory bowel disease.
• with severe liver impairment or active liver disease
• with severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance <30 mL/min or 0.5 mL/sec) or deteriorating renal disease (individuals with lesser degrees of renal impairment are at risk of deterioration of their renal function when prescribed NSAIDs and must be monitored)
• in women in their third trimester of pregnancy
Adults and Children ≥ 12 years:
2 caplets at bedtime. Do not take more than 2 caplets in a 24
hour period. Drink a full glass of water with each dose. The risk of heart attack or stroke may
increase if you use more than the directed or for longer than directed.
Under 12 years:
Children under 12 should not take this drug. Safety in pediatric use has not