Tylenol Extra Strength Complete Cold, Cough & Flu caplets provide you with daytime and nighttime relief for your cold & flu symptoms.
For effective relief of:
• Nasal Congestion
• Aches, Pains & Chills
• Sore Throat Pain
• Dry Cough
• Thins & Loosens Mucus (Daytime only)
• Relieves Cough with Phlegm (Daytime only)
• Runny Nose & Sneezing (Nighttime only)
Medicinal Ingredients (each yellow daytime caplet contains): Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 15 mg, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg, guaifenesin 100 mg, acetaminophen (extra strength) 500 mg.
Medicinal Ingredients (each blue nighttime caplet contains): Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg, acetaminophen (extra strength) 500 mg, diphenhydramine hydrochloride 25 mg.
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue #1 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow #6 Aluminum Lake, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate, povidone, silica, starch, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, wax, zinc stearate.
Warnings: Liver warning: Acetaminophen may cause severe or possibly fatal liver damage if you take:
• more than the recommended dose in 24 hours
• with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• while drinking 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day.
Symptoms of liver damage may include: yellow skin or eyes, dark urine, sweating, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, unusual tiredness, loss of appetite.
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause serious skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
skin reddening, blisters, rash.
If any of these symptoms occur, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use:
• with other products containing acetaminophen or other cough/cold or pain/fever medications. If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen or the other medicinal ingredients, ask a doctor or pharmacist
• if allergic to any of the ingredients.
• with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug
• with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on the skin
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
• have been told that your body breaks down drugs slowly or taking other medications including the blood thinning drug warfarin, sedatives or tranquilizers
• have heart or thyroid disease
• high blood pressure
• kidney or liver disease
• chronic lung disease
• difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate or if you are elderly, pregnant or breastfeeding
• have a persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
• cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
• have difficulty breathing or other chronic lung conditions
When using this product (Nighttime caplets only):
• Marked drowsiness or excitability (especially in children) may occur
• do not drive or engage in activities requiring alertness
• Avoid alcohol. Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
• symptoms last for more than 5 days
• fever lasts for more than 3 days
• sore throat pain lasts for more than 2 days
• nervousness, dizziness, sleeplessness or new symptoms occur or symptoms worsen
• are accompanied by a high fever (>38°C), persistent headache or the production of thick, yellow/green phlegm.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. This package contains enough drug to seriously harm a child. Use only on the advice of a doctor.
In Case of Overdose: Call a Poison Control Centre or doctor immediately. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Read the complete label before use and follow all directions
Do not use if blister unit is broken
Store at 15 to 30°C.
Adult use only (12 years and older): take two Daytime or Nighttime caplets every six hours. Do not exceed a combined total of any eight Daytime or Nighttime caplets in 24 hours.